- Industry, food, retail.
- Cardboard boxes, plastic trays, foils, cutlery.
Key result 1
Gathered product data on bestsellers from top suppliers.
Key result 2
Onboarded 10+ sales reps tp use Pickler for customers.
Key result 3
Secured a €140.000 deal by showing CO2 reduction plan for customer.
An increasing need for footprint data
As a large packaging reseller, customer has many clients within Europe. One of the customer's clients requested credible evidence on environmental footprint of packaging to meet their own reduction targets. The customer was not able to fulfill this need, and needed a tool to calculate the environmental footprint of their packaging. They wanted to be able to build impact reduction cases for their customers.
Customer chose Pickler for 3 reasons:
- Scaleability: Customer sells 5000+ products. Pickler's mass import and API enable mass footprint calculations.
- Pickler's comparison feature: Company wanted to compare products, materials and processes to build cases for customers.
- Credibility: They wanted to work with an independent party who'd generate unbiased, transparent result.
How do you measure the footprint of packaging?
Pickler calculates the environmental footprint of packaging using its scientific LCA-based Pickler methodology and the IDEMAT database. These are compliant with ISO 14040, 14044, EN15804, and the LCA handbook of the ILCD. Ensuring the integrity and reliability of data used in Life Cycle Assessment (LCA).
No matter the number of products - Pickler connects your product data (e.g. BOM, production processes, transport, etc.) - to average scientific impact data from its independent, auto-updated database Idemat.
The result: environmental impact results (carbon footprint + 4 other impact categories), ready to be shared 100% in line with anti-greenwashing regulations.
Read about Picklers’ specific footprint results here.
Winning deals with evidence
The company's key account manager used Pickler to create credible evidence for the clients portfolio - within a day.
During the client meeting, he discussed the top five packaging improvements supported by Pickler evidence and translated it into actions. This way he secured the deal with his high demanding client.
With Pickler, the customer will now:
1. Onboard 40 sales reps of company and roll out Pickler to 500+ clients.
2. Place Pickler's Impact Widgets on their e-commerce website to showcase environmental impact for every product.
Can’t get enough of our writing?
There’s more where that came from